The Indy Parks team is gearing up for a hot and busy Saturday, and they can’t wait to see YOU!
This Top 10 #PacktheParks List is just a small sample of the fun.
- Spend the morning at Garfield Park (free yoga class at the Sunken Garden at Garfield Park at 9:15, Garfield Park Farmers Market, and a dip in the newly remodeled Garfield Park pool at noon!
- Eat some free BRICS ice cream at Tarkington Park! (12pm to 2pm)
- Learn to play floorball on the rink at Perry Park! (1pm to 3pm)
- Refresh the Pokemon Go app and catch as many as you can at Northwestway, Carson, Ellenberger, or any of 10 total parks with special lures just for Pack the Parks! (11am to 5pm)
- Race friends on the stationary bikes with Nine13sports at Sahm Park! (12pm to 3pm)
- Participate in the “Summer Olympics” at Krannert Park (1:30pm to 2:30pm)
- Dance in the sun at Dr Martin Luther King Jr Park during the Latin Arts Celebration event featuring music from Pavel & Direct Contact! (4:30pm to 6:00pm)
- Go on a guided tour of public art along the Monon! (9am, Indianapolis Art Center)
- Take advantage of free entry to Eagle Creek Park and follow the staff on a guided nature tour! (Varied, 10am to 4pm)
- Go down the brand new waterslide at Frederick Douglass Park pool! (12pm to 5pm)
Pack the Parks is a day to celebrate all that Indy Parks has to offer Indianapolis residents and is our chance to give back to our community. Folks may visit any pool or weight room without any charge. They can also enter Eagle Creek Park or the Garfield Conservatory for free. And there is extra free programming at parks throughout the city!
Pools will be open special hours, from 12pm to 5pm, and folks can close out their day with the Garfield Park Art and Music Festival or the Latin Arts Celebration at MLK Park. For more information, click here