INDIANAPOLIS – It’s National Spay and Neuter Awareness Month, and Indianapolis Animal Care Services (IACS) is working to bring awareness of community resources for pets, while addressing the life-saving benefits of spaying and neutering.
“We encourage our community to learn more about spaying and neutering, and the resources available around our city to help those in need,” said IACS Deputy Director, Katie Trennepohl. “It is so important that the public is aware of the consequences of not spaying or neutering their pet, as well as the benefits, and what they can do to help.”
Here are a few things to keep in mind when considering spaying or neutering your animals:
- Reduces the number of unwanted animals that end up in the city’s shelter.
- Proven to change or eliminate an animal’s negative behavior, such as aggression or marking.
- Lowers the risk of breast cancer, testicular cancer, and other medical conditions in animals.
- Face Low-Cost Animal Clinic – http://facespayneuter.org/
- Animal Welfare Center – http://indyhumane.org/awc/
- Brownsburg Low-Cost Clinic – http://www.lowcostclinic.org/
- Spay-Neuter Services of Indiana – https://www.spayneuterservices.org/
For additional information on Indianapolis Animal Care Services, please visit: indy.gov/acs